Blug Tuesday - Chuan'r Dinner (Nov. 25)
It will be the last meet up before BLUG 12th Anniversary, so please let us discussion about it, and make a 2015 plan !
See you all at the post office place on the 25th!
Date: Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Location: Post-Office Chuan'r place, Xiao Zhang Kaochuanr
Directions (English):Opposite Worker’s Stadium North Gate to the North, behind the China Post Office to the East
Wiki page: Here
北京GNU/Linux用户组狂欢节及 BLUG 12周年生日大趴
北京Linux用户组狂欢节及 BLUG 12周年生日大趴
Beijing GNU/Linux User Group Carnival and 12th Anniversary Party
今年北京Linux用户组狂欢节还特别增加了新的动手环节——Hackfest（黑客节）。如果你厌倦了商业赞助的 Hackthon（黑客松），对早就内部定下的奖项感到失望。欢迎来参加 BLUG Hackfest！
带上你的项目，带上你的创意，只要是为开源贡献都可以，无论是开源软件还是开源硬件，或者文档、翻译都可以。一切均以 Coding for Fun 为准绳，希望你可以在几个小时的动手实践中获得乐趣和快感。可以在此直接报名，也可以当日现场报名现场组队。
与此同时，当天还可以来分享你在开发中的经验，乐趣和花边新闻。按照 un-conference 的形式，完全开放自由，可以在此提交话题也可以现场组织临时提交话题。
当日最盛大的晚宴，就是BLUG 12周岁生日大趴。按照 BLUG 多年传统，将会准备披萨、烤串、啤酒和各种饮料，欢迎所有人（不仅仅是搞开源的，非技术人士均可）加入我们盛大的生日大趴，共同庆祝 BLUG 的第一个本命年！
时间：2014年11月29日（周六）。14:00~18:00 ，生日大趴 19:00~24:00
狂欢节地点： 北京 Thoughtworks 办公室。东直门国华投资大厦11层。地铁2号线东直门站西南(D)出口50米即到。
The UFO conference (aka, Ubuntu/Fedora/openSUSE Conference) that you are familiar with has been renamed to "Beijing GNU/Linux User Group Carnival", NOW. Same materials with same tasting All the things are about Free Software and Open Source!
A new form of event has been introduced to our carnival - Hackfest. If you have already felt bored with Hackthons sponsored by companies or commercial organizations, and you have been disappointed about the private selection of the winner. Welcome to the BLUG Hackfest! Bring your projects, bring your ideas. All kind of contributions are welcome - Free Software and Open Source, Open Hardware, documentation, localization, etc. The only target is "Coding For Fun". Enjoy yourself to practice in these several hours. You can sign up your project here, or create the team at the moment.
And at the same time, feel free to share your experience or tricks in developing and coding, even share the tidbits. The event runs as the form of "un-conference", fully free and open. You can submit the topics before or during the meeting. And of course, make friends and even soul mates is encouraged.
The big thing is the 12th birthday party of BLUG. According to the tradition, we'll offer pizza, chuanr, beer and other drinks. All the people are welcomed (including who do not dedicate themselves to Free Software and Open Source) to join in this great festival! It's the BLUGs first cycle of the chinese zodiac.
NOTICE: As the every times in the past few years, the money was donated by everyone as their wish. We'll set a donate box at the place. The money will be used to pay for food and drinks.
Fallowing are collabration communities for this Hackfest and BLUG Party:
- Beijing GNOME User Group
- openSUSE Chinese
- Fedora Chinese
- Chongqing Linux User Group
- (More to be added)
* Date/Time: 29th Oct. 2014, 14:00 - 18:00. Party: 19:00 - 24:00
* Carnival Location: Toughtworks Beijing office. GuoHua Plaza 11th floor. DongZhiMen. (Subway line 2 Dongzhimen station, exit D, walk south for 50 meters)
* Party Location: To be confirmed.
(Please note in the comments if you want to participate the Hackfest or share the topics)
BLUG Tuesday - Guest in Town! (2014-11-18)
For this BLUG Tuesday, we are very honoured to invite Reuven Lerner from Linux Journal to have dinner with us. He writes:
"Fantastic! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. I seem to remember getting to you very late last time; this time, I'll definitely arrive early and leave late, and have time to talk to everyone."
Date: Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Location: JingLianZhai buffet vegetarian restaurant (ZhongGuanCun) 静莲斋素食自助餐厅(中关村店)
Directions (English): No.b16 SuZhouJie Street, Haidian District (nearby McDonalds , south east of Haidian bridge)
Directions (Chinese): 海淀区 苏州街乙16号(海淀桥东南角麦当劳旁边)
Map: mapbar (via dianping)
Coding For Fun Location Needed
We were planing to run coding-for-fun on the 27th this month. Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm a location!
If you know of any suitable location, please get in touch with us.
Our needs are:
- space with chairs and tables for 10 to 30 people
- internet access
- a projector or a large TV with VGA support.
- available from 11am to 6pm or longer...
- we are happy to order lunch if the place is a restaurant, but there should be no minimum purchase requirement because we are coming to hack code, not to eat and drink.
BLUG Meeting - November 2014
This months BLUG Meeting will be hosted by Tonghui.
The Topic will be the upcoming Hackfest and BLUG Anniversary Party.
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Location: Jazz Island Coffee （爵士岛咖啡二楼）
Address (Chinese): 东城区东直门内大街东扬威街11号楼(来福士大厦对面北侧)
Map: mapbar (via dianping)
Subway: Dongzhimen Exit A
Page 1 of 43
- xuedi: hello blug
- eMBee: lnxgnome, sorry, didn't see the message earlier, yes, i just announced the event for tomorrow.
- LnxGnome: Are there any BLUG Tuesday event this week?
- eMBee: lnxgnome: pong
- LnxGnome: ping
- eMBee: i am sorry that we had to change the location at the last minute. i hope noone got lost because of that
- eMBee: please watch the location for coding-for-fun
- persmule: “雕刻时光”=“sculping in time”=” “雕刻时光”=“<a target="_blank" href="http://www.sitcoffee.com/“">>>link<<</a>
- persmule: “雕刻时光”=“sculping in time"="<a target="_blank" href="http://www.sitcoffee.com/"">>>link<<</a>
- eMBee: we had a full house for HFD at the makerspace in beijing!