Software Freedom Day 20.9.2014
Software Freedom Day is upon us.
Learn about Free Software, what it can do and why it is important.
We have a variety of presentations around the subject.
Please join us at the Chinese Academy of Science and celebrate with us!
Time: 14:00 - 18:00
Date: Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Location: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (中国科学院大学)
Address: 北京海淀中关村南二条10号， 中国科学院大学 中关村园区教学楼
Software Freedom Day (20.9.2014) - Call For Topics
Software Freedom Day in Beijing - Call For Topics
The call for topics is now open. We are looking for talks and workshops that relate to Free Software.
Here are some sample topics that we are currently preparing:
- Chrome and Firefox
- GNOME Desktop
- The Free Software Community
- Women in Free Software
- Google Summer of Code
- Being a Debian Developer
- Introduction To Web Development (workshop)
- Presentation of various Linux Distributions (Deepin, OpenSUSE/SUSE, Fedora/Redhat, Ubuntu/Canonical)
We would also like to invite users and developers of various Linux Distributions and members of Community Groups using Free Software to either give a talk or present a small booth about your group or community.
For example the Ruby Meetup group, the Python community, Perl China, etc...
Companies or Projects with Free Software Applications are also invited.
- Chrome 与 Firefox之我见
- GNOME 桌面环境
- Google Summer of Code
- 介绍一些Linux发行版 (Deepin, OpenSUSE/SUSE, Fedora/Redhat, Ubuntu/Canonical)
OpenSUSE Asia Summit 2014 in Beijing (18-19.10.2014)
The Beijing GNU/Linux User Group is joining the Summit as Community sponsor.
Please join us at representing the BLUG at the event.
More information about the summit can he found at summit.opensuse.org
BLUG Tuesday - Jintaixizhao
this week we will explore the Jintaixizhao area
we will meet at the Novell Office and walk out from there to find a dinner place.
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Location: Novell Office 中国办公室 Tower A, room 3603
Address: 朝阳区东三环中路7号 北京 财富中心写字楼A座 3603
Subway: Line 10 Jintaixizhao exit D - 十号线地铁金台夕照 D 口4
BLUG Meeting September 2014 - Webbrowsers
This month we will look at comparing Firefox and Chrome.
We will look at a few plugins that help with browsing and compare the choices both browsers have available.
We still have room for a second topic, if you have anything to share.
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Location: Jazz Island Coffee （爵士岛咖啡二楼）
Address (Chinese): 东城区东直门内大街东扬威街11号楼(来福士大厦对面北侧)
Map: mapbar (via dianping)
Subway: Dongzhimen Exit A
Page 1 of 40
- eMBee: lnxgnome, sorry, didn't see the message earlier, yes, i just announced the event for tomorrow.
- LnxGnome: Are there any BLUG Tuesday event this week?
- eMBee: lnxgnome: pong
- LnxGnome: ping
- eMBee: i am sorry that we had to change the location at the last minute. i hope noone got lost because of that
- eMBee: please watch the location for coding-for-fun
- persmule: “雕刻时光”=“sculping in time”=” “雕刻时光”=“<a target="_blank" href="http://www.sitcoffee.com/“">>>link<<</a>
- persmule: “雕刻时光”=“sculping in time"="<a target="_blank" href="http://www.sitcoffee.com/"">>>link<<</a>
- eMBee: we had a full house for HFD at the makerspace in beijing!
- Fred: HFD is today! Yeah!